Being injured in a car, truck, premises liability, or other personal injury accident in Carlsbad can be a frightening experience. After an accident, it can be stressful to cope with how your injuries affect your health, finances, and quality of life. Filing a claim with the negligent party’s insurance company can be frustrating, even if you have a strong case.
At The Injury and Disability Law Center, we believe victims of a personal injury accident should receive all the compensation they deserve when another party is at fault for causing their injuries. Josh Worley and Jeremy Worley are committed to fighting for the rights of those injured in personal injury accidents in Carlsbad and Southeast New Mexico. They help their clients through every step of the claims process. If you or a family member has been injured in a personal injury accident, call our office at 575-300-4000 to schedule a free consultation to learn how we may be able to help you.
Types of Carlsbad Personal Injury Claims We Can Assist You With
Our attorneys have extensive experience helping people injured in personal injury accidents in Carlsbad and Southeast New Mexico. We are not afraid to take a case to a jury trial if it is in our client’s best interests. Types of cases we handle include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Gas and oil field truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Dog bites, slip and fall accidents, and other premises liability accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death actions
Types of Compensation Awarded in Carlsbad Personal Injury Cases
In a personal injury accident, you may suffer long-term injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord and back injuries, or internal organ damage. You could need expensive medical treatments and be off work for months or longer while recovering—if you can even return to work.
Under New Mexico law, you are entitled to compensation for your past and future damages when another party’s negligence causes your injuries. Types of compensation you should receive in your settlement with the insurance company include:
- Medical expenses. You should be reimbursed for all medical treatments you need to treat your injuries, such as hospitalizations, surgeries, doctor visits, physical therapy, and medications. You may also be entitled to recover the cost of a wheelchair, walker, or other assistive aids, modifications to your home, and a home healthcare aid to assist you with your daily needs.
- Lost wages. You should receive your lost wages, sick and vacation time, and other perks of your job while you cannot work. If you become permanently disabled or must make a career change due to your injuries, you can also obtain lost earning capacity damages.
- Pain and suffering. You are entitled to be compensated for the pain and suffering you endure due to your injuries.
- Property damages. If your vehicle or other personal property was damaged in the personal injury accident, you should be reimbursed for the cost of repairing or replacing the property in your settlement.
- Wrongful death damages. If a loved one died due to their injuries, you may be able to file a wrongful death action and obtain compensation for funeral and burial costs, loss of your family member’s financial support and companionship, your pain and suffering, and more.
Five Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer to Handle Your Carlsbad Personal Injury Claim
Even if you have a strong case against the negligent party who caused your injury, the insurance company could deny your claim or attempt to pay you less compensation than you deserve if you handle your case on your own. You are more likely to recover the maximum recovery you are entitled to if you retain a knowledgeable personal injury attorney. A lawyer will help you:
- Collect the evidence you need to win your case.
- Help you avoid making mistakes, like agreeing to give a recorded statement or signing the insurance company’s medical release, which can weaken your case.
- Understand the New Mexico laws and court procedures that apply to your claim.
- Negotiate your settlement with the insurance company and will have strategies to defeat their tactics to deny your claim or reduce the compensation they pay you.
- File a lawsuit for you if the insurance company refuses to be reasonable, or the statute of limitations to file your complaint will expire soon.
Contact a Carlsbad Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or a loved one were injured in a personal injury accident in Carlsbad, you need the assistance of an experienced personal injury lawyer. At The Injury and Disability Law Center, we are here to make settling your claim as convenient and stress-free as possible. We can handle all communications with you over the telephone or Zoom call, or even visit you in Carlsbad if this is more convenient for you. We also have a network of doctors in Carlsbad who can treat your injuries and serve as expert witnesses in your case if this is necessary.
We handle these cases on a contingency fee basis, so you only owe us attorney fees when we settle your claim or win your case at a jury trial. To learn more about our track record of success in helping personal injury accident victims and how we can assist you, call our office at 575-300-4000, or complete our convenient online form to schedule your free initial consultation today.