If you were injured in a motorcycle collision in New Mexico, you may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault driver. However, you will need to prove their negligence caused your wreck, the seriousness of your injuries, and the amount of damages you should receive. How do you do this? You must collect evidence if you want to win your case and obtain justice.
Crucial Types of Evidence Needed in Motorcycle Collision Claims
It can be complicated to collect the evidence you need to convince the insurance company of their liability to pay you. You need the help of an experienced personal injury attorney if you want to recover the compensation you deserve in your settlement. Here are types of evidence that you may need:
- Police report. A police report can contain helpful information, such as details of how the accident occurred, the officer’s conclusions as to who was at fault, and whether any traffic citations were issued.
- Photos and video. Video footage or photos from nearby business’ surveillance cameras or other witnesses of the motorcycle crash can show the cause of the crash. Photos of the damage to the motor vehicle and your motorcycle, weather and road conditions, and your injuries taken right after the collision occurred can also be very helpful.
- Eyewitness statements. It is essential to collect the contact information for any eyewitnesses to your accident so that their written statements can be obtained while the details of the wreck are fresh in their minds and you are able to locate them. Statements of third-party witnesses who do not know you and have no stake in your claim can be especially persuasive.
- Motorcycle. Your motorcycle may be crucial evidence to help establish the cause of your crash. Do not have it repaired until you retain a lawyer.
- Medical documents. Your medical records, diagnostic test results, and medical bills can be used to establish the seriousness of your injuries, the medical treatments you need, and the cost of your medical care.
- Lost wage documentation. You will also need copies of your paystubs and documentation of the lost sick and vacation time, commissions, bonuses, and other perks of your job to prove the wages you lost due to your injuries.
- Expert witnesses. You may need to hire a medical expert, accident reconstruction expert, economist, or others to resolve disputes with the insurance company and prove your case at a jury trial if the insurance company refuses to treat you fairly.
Let Us Collect the Evidence You Need
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident in Roswell or Southeast New Mexico, our dedicated personal injury attorneys are here to gather the evidence you need to win your case. We will also aggressively go up against the insurance company so that you receive all the compensation you deserve for your injuries. To find out more about how we can assist you, start a live chat or complete our online form to schedule your free case evaluation today.